This week John Crowther from Fresh Hope (a Churches of Christ NSW initiative) shares about the work and impact of Fresh Hope on those students taking part in the program and those they meet. He also shares that the deeper you understand who you are and how much love and grace has been given to you the more impact you will have on those around you.
Notes are below.
Christ Is Supreme
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,[e]
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.
18 Christ is also the head of the church …which is his body.
He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead.[f]
So he is first in everything. 19 For God in all his fullness
was pleased to live in Christ, 20 and through him God reconciled
everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
Adventure… Impart… Impact…
Navigate 2015 India Trek
- 21 This includes you
v:21…who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. 22 Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault
- To be loved…forgiven…secure…hope full
- We need to our heads and emotions sorted out
- Christ is the unlimited love of God
- Col 1v 19 For God in all his fullness
- was pleased to live in Christ,
- Fullness = God’s total nature, attributes, powers, and love dwell in Christ.
- Dwell = be at home permanently
- 2Cor 5 v19 God is reconciling the world to himself in Christ
- “Immanuel” (God with us)
We all know failure and shame
- Sin = we miss the mark like and archer misses the bulls-eye.
- At some level most of us at one time believed we are uniquely and fundamentally flawed
And through him God reconciled
everything to himself v20
- V 20 He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
He made peace with everything… through Him to reconcile all things to Himself.
- He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth v:20
- That is where history is headed.
- An hour is coming when “every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.“
“And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross”
- ( Col 2:15). It is the cross that is the centre of all life.
- He was supreme in the beginning and—leading the resurrection parade
Col 1:18-20- He is supreme in the end. From beginning to end he’s there, towering far above everything, everyone. So spacious is he, so roomy, that everything of God finds its proper place in him without crowding. Not only that, but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe—people and things, animals and atoms—get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the cross.(The Message)
- 23 But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it
… Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News.
The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul,………… have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.